Monday 17 September 2012

Here's my marker...

OK, team... this week's tutorial is not yet completed so it will be going up later this week.  However, just to show that I have not been slacking I managed to put together Harrison, the reindeer.
You may recognise him from the September issue of Sew magazine, he was a quick, easy make, although next time I think I will use the little polystyrene balls rather than stuffing as the legs were a challenge.  I think it would make a rather nice place setting as a table gift and I think you could happily run up a dozen in an afternoon and sit stuffing them in front of the TV.  And hitting the ribbon stash for a spot of Jane Means just sets him off beautifully.

There is something else you need to know... one of you out there is creating a ginger felt shortage... I have had nightmares trying to get hold of ginger felt, now be honest with me, is someone about to flood the market with ginger bread men garlands?  I can find brown felt, camel felt but the ginger stuff has gone on the missing list... own up or let me know where you are hiding it?  
Now, time to look at what the others have been up to during the past week over at Handmade Monday.

And to show that I am a woman of my word... here is Marlon Brando playing with my marker...

11 comments:

Wendy said...

I really love the reindeer - so cute. Ginger felt? Not me, although I was thinking about felt gingerbread men this afternoon, curiously enough.

Fiddly Fingers said...

Harrison is lovely. What a fantastic name for a reindeer! I'm 'not guilty' in the felt department! Hope you find some soon :)

Ali said...

I can see a whole row of Harrison's pulling Santa's sleigh, he's lovely. No idea where the ginger felt is although the halloween crafters may have beaten you to it for their pumpkins. Have a lovely week. Ali x

Anonymous said...

I agree a few Harrisons would look great on a table - even as place settings with the name embroidered onto the rig? No ginger felt here either.

Highland Monkey's said...

Harrison is a very handsome chappie. I like your little button tin as well. Weren't me who made off with the ginger felt!!

Laptop Lifestyle Living said...

Love Harrison!! He's gorgeous I do like reindeer decorations. Love that he has a name too :-) thanks for your tips earlier! Hugely appreciated...

Jan said...

No, not guilty, I do have a bit but not enough to dry up the market.
Harrison is lovely, you always make such nice things. Love your machine too.

Jan x

Lyn said...

I plead not guilty to the charge of ginger felt stashing - I think Ali may have a point about the Halloween crafters pinching all the ginger felt.

Harrison is lovely and the ribbon transforms him from an ordinary reindeer to a Christmas one.

Handbags by Helen said...

Loving Harrison (curious name though!?)

CatkinJane said...

Harrison the reindeer is great :)
Seeing your lovely Singer makes me wonder whether I should get mine out and have a play again - it's stuck under the stairs but is a happy memory machine as it's what I learnt to sew with.

Anonymous said...

The reindeer is adorable.
And this is funny, because I was JUST looking at a mini singer at a flea market. They actually work?! I might have to go back and snag it...