Thursday 19 July 2012

Knit and Natter Lunch

Today, I met up with lots of old friends, the ladies from our Knit and Natter group.  They meet up on a Thursday... and used to meet at one of my fave wool shops, sadly now shut so instead they now meet in a local florist.  The lunch is held at Cecelia's house... she owns the only table big enough to sit us all around!


I wanted to find an appropriate little gift to thank her for hosting the lunch and found this lovely little brooch in a new shop that I discovered in Carnaby Street, All the Fun of the Fair... it's very moreish!
So I found a natty little box to pop it into and then realised that I had time to put together a little bow from my new Jane Means ribbon stash.
I thought this weekend, we could do bow and gift bows 101... and I will show you how to make your own bow makers... so on Sunday, it will be you, me and your forgotten geometry skills!

4 comments:

Lyn said...

A lovely gift and the perfect brooch for a knitter.

Looking forward to the bow lessons - I need some tips because mine always end up cockeyed!

Fiddly Fingers said...

Oooh! I shall have to have a look at the bow tutorial. Could come in very handy!

Planet Penny said...

What a great little brooch, perfect for a knitter!

Anonymous said...

Nice color choice on the blog. It is really easy on my eyes and I have bad eyes too so that's a really big compliment lol