Sunday 14 August 2011

Just a bit lucky...

It's Sunday, so I am counting my blessings, cos really sometimes I don't realise how lucky I am.  Right, I may not have a job at the moment but I am working on it but what I do have is friends, family and fabulous neighbours and today we had a lovely evening at Elaine and John's.


So I made some sausage rolls to add to the buffet and here is my top tip - go and look at the sausage offer in your supermarket - choose the unusual flavoured sausages, I went for Apple & Pork and, Chilli and Pork.  When you have rolled out the pastry, skin the sausage and roll it into a longer sausage using some flour to fit into your pastry casing. 
So we had a fab evening in their garden, with a buffet provided by friends and neighbours.  We were entertained with genuine 20s and 30s records played on wind up gramophones and Danesettes... it was blissful and these people here, enjoyed it!
And John does a fab job with the garden... look at his pools...
As you know we are at Handmade Monday - go and take a look at Wendy's site at 1st Unique and in case you missed it from a couple of days ago, here is a link to my Easy Handbag Tissue Holder tutorial.

15 comments:

cj- catmumdo said...

It looks like you had a lovely time :) Friends and family are very important :)

Jan said...

Oh I so agree about friends and family being important. It looks like you had a great time, love the idea of the 20's / 30's music.
Sausage rolls look yummy too.

Jan x

Unknown said...

Oh is great to have a get together occasionally and you all look like you were having a great time. Your sausage rolls look great and thanks for the tip I'll try that.

Wendy said...

Looks like the garden party was a big success! Good tips for the sausage rolls x

Anne - Imagination Beads said...

It is important to make time to unwind and relax now and then, lovely garden, and lovely sausage rolls.

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Friends and family - couldn't agree more. Your rolls look scrummy, good tips on the flavours too

Carolee Crafts said...

The weather looks fine as do the sausage rolls, very tasty. You make them the same way as I do and agree different flavours plus extra onion make all the difference.

SimJaTa said...

I do envy you baking folk, not my forte I'm afraid. Looks like a great time had by all, love the pool.

Lynda x

Beadelicious said...

Looks like you had a fab weekend and scrummy looking sausage rolls :)

Sam Findlay said...

Those sausage rolls look yummy!

Rita said...

Looks like you had a lovely time darl.
Wish I could have been there.
I am a new follower of your blog now.
(((( HUGS ))))

stylesofcooking said...

Good idea for the sausage rolls, they look scrumptious! Sounds like a lovely time was had by all x

Helen said...

Looks like you had a good time, and the sausages rolls look fabulous!

Pickle Lily said...

Your sausage rolls look so much nicer than shop made. The party looks great.
Jo x

Rosebark said...

Just came across this and you reminded me how lucky I am too. I am also without a job at present, but I have family and friends and will be meeting a bunch of the latter on Sunday (and your sausage rolls look fab!)