Tuesday 31 May 2011

Oh my golly gosh - I have an award!

I honestly never win anything... in fact the only book I was ever awarded at school was because they realised I was only left in the VIth form without a prize, so I was chuffed to bits when I received a note from Helen at Rains Drops N Roses

 
Naturally, there is no such thing as a free lunch and there are strings, albeit not all that onerous, attached to the award:

  • Make a post linking back to the person who gave you the award
  • Share seven random things about yourself
  • Award seven recently discovered bloggers with this award and contact them to let them know they have won.
Now, please don't have a drink in your hand as you read this... I don't want you gobbing all over your screen in disbelief... in spite of what I am about to post, I really am a nice person (well some of the time):

1. I can still suck my toes... but choose not to!
2. When I win the lottery (and it really is nearly my turn) I will have freshly washed and ironed sheets everyday... tell me you don't love the smell and feel of them?
3.  I know who Zebedee Tring is, and I will not answer the door or the phone when the Archers are on the radio.
4. My underwear lives in three separate drawers, white, black and coloured... I am still recoiling in shock from the day that Sarah Kennedy said she only possessed two bras.... euuuw!
5. Parsnips, celery and honey are all food of the devil, if you send me onto Saturday Kitchen with James Martin and he serves them up... I will not be responsible for my actions, just the smell makes me nauseous.
6. I was banned from the Togs website, much to amusement of my family and work colleagues, I did not realise I was quite that knowledgeable or scary.
7. I can still remember all three verses of God Save the Queen which I learnt in the brownies, so I will still be singing when the rest of you have to bow out!


My recently discovered bloggers list:
Sharon at Roses and Rue
Caroline at Red Needle Sewing
The Colorado Cutie at Yarn Dependents Unite
Each of them is special and well worth a visit.

4 comments:

Abbi said...

Ooh thank you so much for nominating me - you're very kind! Funnily enough I have the exact opposite feelings about parsnips, celery and honey... maybe not all at the same time though...!

Sew to the Sea said...

Thank you so much for linking me and for supporting my new blogging adventure. I'm the same as you when it comes to freshly washed sheets and ironed - they guarantee a good nights sleep!

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Did you hear my squeal? I'd been out of action for a while due to blogger difficulties but I was sooo excited when i saw your post. Thanks you so much Ros off to visit the other blogs now.

Yarn Dependent Me said...

I FEEL SO SPECIAL!!!

I'm hopping up and down.

Aimee Dog sends loves!