Monday 4 April 2011

The Monday Make

Do you know, for a couple of days after a show, I never want to see a sewing machine or a pair of needles ever again but then my fingers start to twitch and I need to get cracking again.  I had planned to do a tutorial on Cathedral Windows and have even got as far as cutting out and folding the fabric but then I went to the woolshop Bodkins of Thundersley.  


Well, I was well and truly scuppered and ended up buying a few balls of Can Can to create a handbag... which is progressing slowly but steadily as I work out a pattern for it.  However I also came across another new wool from Katia - Triana.  Now this yarn is almost like a mesh when you open it out and you literally knit into the holes a bit like just using the thread between pompoms on PomPom wool.  It was an extremely quick knit and I finished it in a couple of hours on Saturday night.  I admit to being a bit sniffy about the yarn when I saw it in the shop but I think I may be going back for more...


So here is my piece for Wendy's  Handmade Monday but there is a problem... if you are the one from the UK Craftsforum whose Easter bunny I am... please look away from the screen now... cos this little Summer scarf is going into the post for you this afternoon.



I promise to have the Cathedral Windows tutorial completed later this week... just the hand sewing to complete, so we might just make it.

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Lovely scarf - I'm sure someone will be very happy with it! Thanks for taking part in HM x

Jan said...

The mention of Cathedral Windows reminds me of a commission I done about 10 or so years ago, I thing I'll go and root around in the old photo box and see if I can find it. I do like digital cameras, it's great to put the pics straight onto the pooter.

I admire you for being able to knit with all these different wools.

Jan x

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

What a beautiful scarf - those colours are just gorgeous.
Happy Monday
Rebecca x

Carolee Crafts said...

Love the colours and texture of the scarf, can can is one of my favourite yarns

Unknown said...

I know how you feel following a show! I am the same with not wanting to touch another bead! x

cj- catmumdo said...

Lovely scarf :)

Rachael said...

I often say that I'm all crafted out and don't want to do anything craft related but it never lasts long...a few hours at most!
Some one is going to be very pleased with that scarf, I'm sure.

Yarn Dependent Me said...

I've already made about 8 of these. I LOVE THIS STUFF. Actually, I really think I love being able to finish a scarf in a couple hours. But yay! Aren't you having fun!

Your Friend Susie said...

I cannot knit a lick, altho my Mom was a knitter and my sister does lovely stuff (and she spins too!) This is so pretty it almost makes me want to pick up the habit! Wow. But I think knitting is one of those things I like the idea of, but don't have the patience for... :)
Anyway, just wonderful job.

Ali said...

That is a great looking scarf & I love the colours. Wish I could knit...

Suzanne said...

What a great scarf, I get fed up knitting because it doesn't grow fast enough, but this yarn sounds great, 2 hours to knit a full scarf. Wonderful!
Hugs Sue x

stylesofcooking said...

Your recipient is a very lucky person as that scarf is lovely. Cant believe it only took a couple of hours. Lovely