Sunday 27 March 2011

The vintage & craft show - Leigh-on-sea

Yesterday my sister did her first craft show with me at the Community centre - she made some amazing tea cosies and her bunny egg cosies proved very popular - I wonder if that had anything to do with the free Easter egg that came with them?  Am delighted that I sold some of the Rufty Tufty Boys Beanie hats, especially as one was to a lady who had told her mum that she did not up until then want her to knit for the baby, I have a feeling her mum is going to really busy knitting up new clothes!

Just set up the stall and waiting for a coffee!






Some of Annette's work - am loving the doll with the stripey stockings
Lots of friends stopped by, but even better Monica from http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/ stopped by, it was super to put a name to virtual friend!

It was a really busy fair, with  loads of really great stalls... my fave was a lady upstairs who had the most fabulous cards which she decorated with free hand machine embroidery - am kicking myself for not buying some!  In fact, they really reminded me of the work of Poppy Treffry, whose book I had bought on Friday, a really delicious book, filled with great ideas.

5 comments:

Yarn Dependent Me said...

How neat! I love those bags the more I see them. I may have to dig out some fabric!

Jan said...

Hi, Jan here AKA Picto from the CF. I really like the Spot the Elephant cushion. I'm off for a read while I'm waiting for my glue to dry. x

Mrs A. said...

Have just found you on Wendy's Make it Monday and having read your profile I am so much like you or you me!! Had to become a follower to stay in touch. I hail from Southend (went to Dowsett).
Have sent a link to Sis (who still lives there) on your beanie boys hats as she is a very vivid knitter.
Hugs Mrs A.

The mum of all trades said...

you are very talte, i envy your sewing skills! any crafts i do are so slapdash

The mum of all trades said...

sorry thats meat to be talented! my lap top is up the left