Monday 7 March 2011

International Women's Day Centenary - 8 March 2011

Tomorrow is International Women's Day.  I am one of the lucky ones, I have so many things that many other women in this world do not have yet - the Pill, access to a no-fault divorce, the ability to say no to sex and to mean it, to be able to adopt a child as a single parent, to live my life without interference and to be happy.


Daniel Craig of 007 fame stars in a specially commissioned video narrated by Dame Judi Dench tells you about some of the things which are still to happen for women and sadder still some of the things that still happen to women - the stats on murder due to domestic abuse are chilling.



So to all my sisters out there, have a wonderful day and, and stay safe and be happy

2 comments:

Yarn Dependent Me said...

Interesting video! Thanks for sharing!

Rachael said...

Thought provoking and well worth watching.If I'm honest, I take everything I have as a woman, for granted but having watched this realise I need to think a little more about others.