Tuesday 1 March 2011

I need your help!

OK, I am currently making a fantastic bag from Nicky Epstein's Knitting Block by Block: 150 Blocks for Sweaters, Scarves, Bags, Toys, Afghans, and More and I found a fantastic bag in there.

I bought some great wool on my trip to Bodkins, Sirdar's lovely DK Crofter.  I love this wool, having made some super bed socks as a Christmas prezzie for my friend Sally.

This is a pic of the bag I am making,  I love the cable texturing and the sleek leather handles.



And this is the front or is it the back?


So here is my dilemma, do I go with a plain dusty rose lining or should I go with a witty floral?  You decide...

7 comments:

Silver Pebble said...

Lovely bag - I think a nice delicate floral inside :)

Rachael said...

Plain lining for me. I think it will be easier to see what's inside the bag.
It looks great BTW.

supertinks said...

I say plain, picking out one of the colours from the stripes of the yarn.

If you'd used a single coloured yarn, then pattern on the inside would be good, though.

Susie said...

Witty floral. But my taste is definitely not everybody's ;-).

Yarn Dependent Me said...

I think plain too, since the yarn is so fun. Also, its hard to find things in a floral lined bag...but maybe I just have bad eyesight?

Laura said...

I would say plain, because the yarn is colourful enough. :)

Unknown said...

I think the floral would compete with the yarn and pattern on the outside.